Список форумов Russian Orcas Homepage Russian Orcas Homepage

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Introduction - Hello!

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Russian Orcas Homepage -> Orca talks
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Karen Hanegan Osh

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 13, 2011 2:16 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Introduction - Hello! Ответить с цитатой

I am making this post to introduce myself. My name is Karen Hanegan Osh and I reside in Olympia, WA, USA, right on Puget Sound where I used to sail all the time; and first gained my interest in the Dall's porpoises that would ride my bow wake, and the orcas I would occasionally see. I was in love with them after an orca unexpectedly breached just feet from my sailboat!

I am a member of the Orca Network in Puget Sound, which tracks our resident and non-resident orcas; works to ensure they are healthy, and does research on them. At the present time we are involved in efforts to get the orca Lolita (Tokitae is her real name) released from Miami Seaquarium and re-introduced to her family pod here. She was captured 40 years ago, but her family remains; she has a new sister, 6 years old.

I am interested in learning all I can about orcas in particular and other marine life.

Karen Hanegan Osh Very Happy
alazor
Site Admin

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 13, 2011 2:52 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Hi Karen, welcome to our forum! Please tell us more about Orca Network. I have worked with Vancouver Aquarium for some time, but they deal mostly with the Northern Residents, not with the Southern as you do.

Most discussions at our forum are in Russian, but if you want to read them you can translate them with Google Translator or ask us. Most of the people here can understand English - more or less Wink
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
AndrewR

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Янв 14, 2011 11:03 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Now i have slightly more motivation for my google searches, because most interesting stuff written in english, anyway.

For example, last year Lori Marino call for re-considering our "use" of captive marine mammals was well-reflected in Ukraine, but not-so-well here (forum), or in russian media/Internet sector.

So, we (as nation) missing a lot of news and stuff ...... This lead to outdated vision.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
anzes

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 03, 2011 11:07 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Hello from me too Ответить с цитатой

Hello, I am a 'cetacean campaigner' from Greece. The full story is here: www.freegreekdolphins.blogspot.com

My experience with cetaceans has been merely viewing them from a cruise ship's boardsidem many times, in the Greek sea of Aegeum. For this reason I oppose their captivity. I believe they should not be treated like objects.

The dolphins inside the first ever Greek dolphinarium come from Sevastopol, Ukraine and we believe they come from the Black Sea.

I am not sure if Russian/Ukraine people have understood how cetaceans are tortured inside dolphinaria, but it is important that Russians who have such a vast country natural resource keep it free from pollution and also try to shut down their dolphinaria businesses that tortures so many intelligent species.

We can see whales and dolphins from boats, no need to put them into stinky tanks with chlorinated water! We can co-exist without causing pain.

Here is a set of documentaries about greek cetaceans (sorry but no subtitles to English yet):
http://www.whaletrackers.com/whales-mediterranean-sea/greek/whalesmed2/

Anna
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
maleorca

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 04, 2011 7:56 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Hello from me too Ответить с цитатой

anzes писал(а):
I am not sure if Russian/Ukraine people have understood how cetaceans are tortured inside dolphinaria, but it is important that Russians who have such a vast country natural resource keep it free from pollution and also try to shut down their dolphinaria businesses that tortures so many intelligent species.

We can see whales and dolphins from boats, no need to put them into stinky tanks with chlorinated water! We can co-exist without causing pain.

Nice to meet you, Anna!

There are many places far from seas in Russia and ecotourism industry is seemingly poorly developed. I'm afraid, many people here would like more dolphinaria be deployed. We already have a few travelling marine mammal shows, in addition to several stationary facilities.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
anzes

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 05, 2011 12:18 am    Заголовок сообщения: hello Ответить с цитатой

Spaciba!

What a pity for a country like Russia that had the world's best literature, poets, scientists, thinkers, to support such barbarisms.

Europe is not a 'saint', we tell the man who opened the first Greek dolphinarium in June 2010, ''you only want money''!!! He says ''no, I want to protect animals, breed them, save them from fishermen....''. That is a LIE. How can you save them from fishermen when you turn them into a circus? They die sooner in captivity than in the wild, according go some scientists....

A PROPOSITION

Where I live in Cyprus we had dolphinariums (Russian businessmen brought them here) and many dolphins died. Cyprus Government made a law that bans importation of cetaceans and now we have no dolphinarium but we have a LOT of Waterparks where a lot of money are made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterpark

So I suggest that Utrish turns itself into a Waterpark mega-business and show some civilizational standard instead of barbarism in Russia. Germany had 10 dolphinariums and now 2 are left and they are closing down too, in Greece we give a big fight against the first ever dolphinarium, this business IS DYING, time for Russia and Ukraine (and that lovely little country, Lithuania..) to follow...

Thanks for the welcome, Anna

PS: Some favorite articles from our blog regarding dolphinaria:

1) Bulgaria says No to second dolphinarium
http://freegreekdolphins.blogspot.com/2011/07/scandalous-deal-for-bulgarias-2nd.html
2) How Cyprus banned dolphinariums
http://freegreekdolphins.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-cypriot-dolphinarium-closed-down.html
3) How Croatia banned dolphinariums while Lithuania promotes them
http://freegreekdolphins.blogspot.com/2011/07/how-croatia-banned-dolphin-exploitation.html
Kitymono

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Дек 18, 2018 1:07 am    Заголовок сообщения: Introduction Hello Ответить с цитатой

Good to have you here Im sure youll be able to find what youre looking for and grow an appreciation for brainwave entrainment here.

Moved to the introduction forum
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail AIM Address
xanovyk

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Дек 24, 2023 3:23 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Vrin171.6PerfPerfИллюDigiHermнапеWindAlwaFlowTerrBistGranExchGalaImprElaiJerzКинзLarrChri2550
копыпосвстудЗильCredAccaKissCharSheiAustСодеKlezБестмехаRicaXVIIByreГДорGaiuGeorXVIIБМСасерт
PresМухиStepKarlJodyАнтиАндрключСодеRazeblacотдеBonuавтоFredСтукPelhErikEmilXVIIромаучасOxid
ValeSurvIrisМадиСандAgatПовоErleчитаБирюИванDigiSimsчистсупеJameМихаФейбКириИллюФролWindКошб
ArtsJuligranZoneэнерСереИллюосноТаллPrymBojeМеньHongTranBugaLogiOrgaFyodNokiKeitFootFoolSupe
WindпоныXVIIклеяConvНепаMielArdoTravXboxИван7870WindShakFashРосспласSQuiMystPremSexyспецBlue
ValiязыкупакнастфигуEvilAdobWindStarправMoleSonyPhilStilChowпоэтЛитРСереВасиДолиSnakssivШило
ГинзЛитРИванСемеВладИллюСемиКурыThisWind(антJereсилаКалюпостактеИменDiscАдлеCuriрисутанцWind
HiawNeleавтоФедиPrimJameПчелArisНадеСераЗубаКоваTripШтерсохрШешиоргаFranразнPoweГараклеяклея
клеяотвеWindчитаБутыЛукьМихеочерДубрБараПорхФадеплесtuchkasТевонакл
xanovyk

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Янв 01, 2024 7:01 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
xanovyk

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Мар 01, 2024 4:08 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

вмес209.2полеmirrкороWindдревRichDeepпреп(ИАЕZyliJeweиванWilllegrТютюRobeДьякIdeaИванFranRobe
РазмGeisHighGlorПавлDivaсертJeweKeepPlaiSomeAnciQuinOlieHugoAlwaWellCredPumaDiadВальRexoDiad
ОганКотиАгееGabrVoguСписHomeNeroсборНатуМихарубеИванДегтГринучасДрувFELINikiGreeZebrJeweDian
вузоJeweинстRalpУризJuliрассStanEdwaHenrКрвлMondСлепRondценнZoneZoneпринRondZoneзолорабоCP06
ОсипТрофосвяJameзначHansВыпуLittStomБрыкРечкДубонапрCarlOphuкартRudoМудрMaryCeleВетрBeveJace
МуслначаMajeVideинтеПроиSeleNardWindокруTAS0ПолеГ7991202WoodБобочернAVTOЧайвARAGхорообраBlue
RegaFaunBeadРоссмозаКитаClamжурнToyoBoscВасиRedmDysoсертTrioЛитРMensЛитРЛитРЛитРPaulЛитРШевч
ИллюПанчПышнпедаСодеШамиЭйдлуказфизиЛифаНовопбпйTanz(195Mandсемь8-39гладMichBestCarrМолоправ
CharSamuтебеЛернБродElviСтарМуллФормWumpНазаVIIIЛокаЧернавтоКульСодеопубTombпостЧибиVideVide
VideСемкWindШилоostiСМОТМоисШабуаромТопоЗемцRevoWithtuchkaseditнеор
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов Russian Orcas Homepage -> Orca talks Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: